Three-quarters of the world’s private equity investors (Limited Partners or LPs) believe that international trade disputes will harm investment returns from private equity if they continue, according to Coller Capital’s latest Global Private Equity Barometer.
- Brexit will create few or no opportunities for PE, LPs say – except the chance to buy UK assets cheaply
- LPs expect private equity-backed firms to outperform other companies through the economic cycle
- Valuations of ‘unicorn’ companies are reminiscent of the dotcom bubble, investors say
- Investors think diversity initiatives require more time and work from the private equity industry
- Trade disputes will damage private equity returns, say LPs